Lots of people ask us what our girl's name is going to be. I'm not sure if we'll be sharing it after we get LOA, or if we'll wait until we're in China. But I thought it might be fun to play the name guessing game like we did with Jonas. The winner (if there is one!) will get some sort of Chinese treat in the mail. Last time, two people guessed Jonah, which I decided was close enough to earn them some yummy Kyrgyz (Russian) candy!
To help you out, HERE is the link to my "personal naming rules" blog post that I wrote for Jonas's contest. Yes, I realize I am super picky and OCD about name choices! The only changes/additions I would make to that list include the following:
- It would obviously very clearly be a girl's name instead of a boy's name.
- I actually have taught one (just one!) student with this name in the past. I liked her, so it's all good.
- Some people might ask how to spell it and/or pronounce it wrong, but they really shouldn't if they are looking/thinking!
- It goes well with the name Jonas, especially since they are basically twins with their birthdates.
- Along with a Biblical and personal connection to the name, this time there are also musical connections, ancestral connections, and an Australian connection!
Okay, that's probably too many hints for you super sleuths! Play along if you'd like, and comment on this blog post with your best guesses!