Well, it was another busy day around here. The second half went much better than the first half, and the kids are currently in bed, trying to sleep but sort of goofing around instead.
|I thought we might need this vending |
machine after the medical appointment!
|Zack is outnumbered in his wrestling matches now!|
|Attempting the "required" picture with our pouty pants.|
We had lunch at Lucy’s, a restaurant with American food (and American prices-ugh!). Johanna was pouting after she got told “no hitting” again, and then she actually fell asleep at the lunch table! She continued with her nap on the way back to the hotel, and she woke up in a much better mood. We had lots of smiles and giggles from her after that.
|She wanted all of these in at once!|
- She is a great eater. So far we have figured out she loves noodles, sausage, fish, and fruit the most.
- She is a great sleeper. She takes a long nap, goes to bed without a problem when we put her down, and she sleeps through the night. She even tattles on Jonas when he gets out of bed! She does move around a lot in her sleep though, falling out of bed and kicking and turning a lot.
- As we suspected from pictures we had received, she has molluscum on her face. It’s a common viral disease that causes bumps on the skin. Jonas had this around his chin area when he first came home to us, but it cleared up after a couple of treatments. We already have her scheduled to visit the dermatologist when we get home.
- She now calls us Mama, Dada, and Jonas is something that sounds like “Joe-nah-sia.” It’s pretty cute. She says Chinese words sometimes and repeats our English words sometimes as well.
- She doesn’t have a good idea about the laws of physics. She will jump off of high things without giving it a thought. The other day, Zack was playing around with the kids and made his body into a “bridge” between the two hotel beds. Jonas started climbing across it. Johanna took a flying leap off the bed (totally missing the bridge) and gave herself a bloody nose!
- Her favorite color seems to be red, and she likes super girly/lacy/frilly things.
- She loves songs and dancing and picks up on movements very quickly. I taught her “Little Bunny Foo Foo,” and that’s a favorite now.
- She’s obviously had exposure to toys and playgrounds and such, because she knows what to do with them and on them. This makes us happy, because Jonas had obviously not had this experience. She was even doing somersaults with Jonas today in the hotel room…glad I signed her up for gymnastics!
- She loves to take care of people, especially her brother. From getting his glasses for him to buttoning his shirt to washing his hair to tattling on him when he’s misbehaving, she definitely likes the caretaker role!
- She’s warming up to our affection slowly but surely. She loves running up to Zack to hold his hand or be held, and tonight she actually sought out goodnight hugs and kisses from me after she saw how I did them with Jonas instead of merely tolerating them being done to her. Baby steps!